To the churches back home, to those praying for those who have answered the call to go. You are vital, you are important. Your missionaries can not serve God fully where they are apart from your prayers.
So for those of you praying, here are ten things “we” need you to pray for.
- Pray that we will find our joy and our strength in the Lord. Some days are hard, others seem long, still other we wonder if we are making a difference and question what God is doing. This is when we need the joy of the Lord to be our strength, so that we can keep on keeping on.
- Pray against the stronghold of Satan in the land most are serving in. In many places around the world, the darkness can not only be seen, it can be felt. Pray that the Light of Christ will shine through those you have sent.
- Pray that God will cover us with the Spiritual Armor, protecting us against the schemes and traps of the enemy. In our short time in Central Asia we have experienced so much spiritual warfare. The enemy would like nothing more than to make us quit and go home. So we need your prayers to fight and stand strong against the wiles of the enemy.
- Pray that “whenever they open their mouths, words may be given them so that they will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel (Eph. 5:19).”
- Pray for God’s grace and that we will recognize it as sufficient.We have encountered a lot in the year and half we have spent in Nepal from earthquakes, to border blockades, to limited electricity and water. Yet, despite it all, God’s grace has proved sufficient.
- Pray for our marriages, sometimes, the stress of service causes a strain in our relationships. Pray that these relationships will grow and become strong rather than fall apart as the enemy would like.
- Pray for our children, unlike us, they did not feel the call to this land, and sometimes they struggle to find their place. Pray that they will find good friends, and that God will also be their best friend.
- Pray for the people we serve and the lost that fill the lands we live in. That God will open the eyes of the lost, revealing Himself to these who are walking and living in darkness.
- Pray for our ministries, that God will use the things we are involved in to build His Kingdom.
- Pray that God will help us to see the people we serve through His eyes and to love them as He loves them.
The list could go on and on, and the needs are in random order. Yet, I know that these are prayers our family needs as we serve Him. So, when the Lord brings those you have sent to mind, please pray these things for us.
We could not do it apart from you. Though we may be on the ground as His hands and feet. It is only through your time and our time spent on our knees that enables us to serve Him well.
And thank you in advance for lifting us up to the Lord. We praise and thank Him for you!